{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED...... }

{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED... }

Easy Candied Pecans

Our trees gifted us with a generous amount of Pecans this year.  It was so exciting going out every morning and gathering them up, but shelling them was not fun at all.

I knew Felicity and I would need snacks on our road trip, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on junk so before we left we made a bunch of simple candied pecans to take on the road.

This is so quick, easy and fun to do I had to share....


Here's what you need:

3 Cups of Sugar 
1 Cup of Water
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tarter
Pecans (I think I used a little under a pound)


First stir sugar, cream of tarter & water over low/medium heat until sugar dissolves.

Then turn up the heat, stop stirring, and let the mixture boil until the clear syrup turns gold.


Once it turns gold immediately remove it from the heat and mix in the pecans.

Then pour them out onto a lined baking sheet sprayed with a bit of oil.


Once they harden break then apart and eat!

Felicity and I are still having lots of fun visiting Alabama.  I found these super cute flip flops for $4 at a Charlotte Russo store1

.... and we have another new Alabama retailer in Ozark, AL.  I will have a full tour of the boutique later this week.  I don't have all the photos edited yet, but here's one of my little sales assistant having a bit of a melt-down on their cute painted cement floor!

Your work days are always interesting, when your sales assistant is two.


Don't forget to enter our low entry "Share it to Win it" Giveaway on my Facebook Page.

  



7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This looks delicious. I would love for you to come over to my blog hop and share this there!
    http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the candied pecan recipe. My brother manages a large pecan farm in Georgia and he gives me lots of pecans. I am always looking for ways to use them.I probably have 10 lbs. in my freezer(all shelled). He gave them to me shelled, what a nice guy!
    Can't wait to try this.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just how my grandmother (born before 1900) used to candy nuts, only she buttered the tray. Good things never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love pecans!!!! I must try this. I am visiting for the 1st time. I host a link party and would love for you to stop by- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-6.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious. Come and link up for my Foodie Friday: http://www.comebackmomma.com/foodie-friday-healthy-dessert/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't get any easier than that does it. :D Glad you found another retail outlet. Your things must get snatched up quickly. Thanks for sharing this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...