{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED...... }

{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED... }

Easy to Make Hair Bow Holders

We've been busy around here getting ready for one of my favorite things about Fall..... Craft Shows!

I love everything about the large shows; waking up early and arriving before daylight, setting up fun and unique displays, getting to meet new and old customers face to face and of course meeting many talented creative exhibitors from all over!  My dear husband gets dragged into helping with most of my shows.... unfortunately I don't think he enjoys it as much as I do (actually, I don't think he enjoys it at all) but nonetheless, he's always willing to help.


{ Speaking of craft shows, I am so in love with this display idea from Lynn Minney Designs! }

Anyway, one of the things I've been working on for the upcoming shows is hair bow holders.  These are so easy and so much fun to make I thought I would snap some pictures and share my process with you.

All you have to do is fix up something cute with ribbon hanging from it to snap the bows onto......

Above is Felicity's bow holder.  This was super easy to make:
1) In the Wal Mart craft section I bought this oval shaped unfinished wood that already had the hooks on the bottom of it.
2) I painted the sides of the wood pink
3) Decoupaged the front with leopard print fabric
4) Added a cute flower to the top
6) I glued on some letters bought in the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby
7) On the back I hot glued long strips of ribbon (to hold the bows) and a cute trim at the top to hang the bow holder by.


The bow holder above was made from the same unfinished wood piece with hooks already attached.  

But on these I painted them with pink dots, then decoupaged on letters cut from paper.  Then I added a flower and feathers and some other little embellishments.


You can't see the glitter really well in the pics but I gave these a little spray of Krylon glitter spray that I bought from the spray paint section at Hobby Lobby.  

Everytime I spray glitter on something it makes me smile!

  

For this last style I again bought unfinished wood and then painted it, decoupaged on some pretty paper and letters and then added some little painted designs on top of that.  This also has ribbon hanging from the bottom to put the bows on.

You can also make hair bow holders using wooden letters.  I made this one below for my niece a couple years ago.  I bought an unfinished wood letter, glued some strands of ribbon onto the back and then painted and embellished the front.
These are so fun to make and can be perfect little personalized gifts for someone having a baby girl.

Anyway, if you haven't checked out our Clearance Section you might want to do so!  We have lots of beautiful designs marked way down.  You can use discount code "welcome2012" to get an additional 20% OFF your order (the discount works on both clearance prices and regular prices items).

Crib Shows on Clearance for only $7.20 with discount code:



Pettiskirts for only $13.20 with discount code:
Pink & Leopard Print Pettiskirt-brown, leopard, cheetah, pink, pettiskirt, tutu

Hope you have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

  1. I'm stopping for a visit from Six Sisters' Stuff today!
    I'm having so much fun visiting the participants of this blog linky party.
    So many wonderful and creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any
    interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    my page - ideal waist to height ratio

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hair bow looks great! thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...