{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED...... }

{ WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED... }

{Food Friday} Shrimp & Veggie Stir-Fry

We do quite a bit of stir-fry dishes in our house and this is one of our favorites.
It's a super healthy and easy to make Shrimp & Veggie Stir-Fry.....
I'm always changing it up but here are the basics of how I usually do it.

Ingredients
I don't list exact amounts because the amounts should be chosen based on your taste and however much you have on hand of each ingredient.  Like most any stir-fry dish, this isn't an exact science....
Cooked Brown Rice
1 Egg
Shrimp
Onions & Peppers (Red & yellow bell peppers)
Veggies: use stuff you like, but we typically put in Peas, Carrots 
Olive Oil

1) Put peppers & onions in a skillet with heated olive oil (enough oil to cover the pan) and cook for about one minute
2) Throw in shrimp, brown rice & veggies / Toss that around cooking for a couple minutes
3) Add egg & continue stirring 
4) Once the egg and shrimp are both cooked add some salt & pepper and you're done!

*I cook everything on high heat until I add the egg.  Once I add the egg I turn it down to a medium heat.

*Before I add the egg I push everything else over to one side of the pan and put the egg on the other side and stir it around by itself for a few seconds and then stir it in with everything else.

Felicity loves this.  Also, my husband who normally doesn't eat hardly anything with veggies or peppers in it likes it, but he always adds soy sauce to his.

I wanted to throw in here that I have added this feather hat to my store at InspiredByFelicity.com.  There are other color options available as well.


You can use discount code "Welcome2012" to receive 20% OFF and a FREE Small Hair Bow!


8 comments:

  1. Felicity is beyond cute, love her in the feathered hat. I also love stir frys, and yours sounds really good. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stir-fry is a go to in our house too and this one looks fabulous!

    We'd love to see this post linked up at our Beautify It Monday link party open now!

    -Four Sisters
    BringingBeauty@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever wonder why you stopped cooking a certain dish? I used to make stir fry all the time. I don't know why I stopped! I needed this post! thank you so much for sharing it at Meet Me Monday. I plan to stir fry tonight! Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stir fry looks so delicious! Thanks for coming to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy and healthy! Thanks for sharing your recipe on the Naturally-Nifty Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmm! i made something similar to this a couple weeks ago. so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...quick healthy and it appears from you picture... very kid friendly. Please share this on my foodie friday linky today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...